Saucy Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp. Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse Salt
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut julienne style
- 1 Sweet Mayan Onion, cut into thin slices
- 4 Tbsp. Santa Barbara Medium Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Oz. White Wine
- 1 Cup Rice – I use Rice Select, Texmati style (cook per directions on package)
Melt butter in large skillet, over medium heat. Then add wine and chicken.
When chicken is just about cooked, add bell pepper and onion. Cook until just getting tender (3-4 min.)
Add salsa and chicken broth, stir in, cooking until broth has cooked down a bit and becomes thickened.
Spoon rice in a mound on the plate.
Spoon chicken, pepper and onion over the mound of rice, then pour sauce over the top.
Dig in & Enjoy!